Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Long Time No Post

How do you define stress? Have a pool put in your backyard!! They always tell you that when you put a pool in that it is going to be stressful. Your yard will be a construction site for 6 to 8 weeks. Okay, no problem I can deal with that. What I couldn't deal with were errors as a results of not having the correct plan for the pool. It was a domino effect. But I don't want to bore you all with those details. I stressed over them enough over the month.


I keep closing my eyes and imaging this hole in the ground with the blue water and water fall being so soothing and relaxing while I sip on a cool stiff drink. We are about 1 1/2 weeks away.



How do spell stress relief? Indulge in the hobbies you enjoy. That is what I have been doing. Here is a picture, which doesn't do the fabric justice, of a few knitting totes I'm working on.



As I previously posted, my son Andrew has taken an interest in sewing. Here are the pictures of him working on his rag quilt. He is just about done. I love that!!




Last night I went to the DFW Knitting Guild meeting as a guest of lady named Mary Jo, she knits with beads. I had met Mary Jo a few years back and thought what an amazing craft to knit with beads. I recently saw her and I'm glad I took her up on the invitation to go to the Guild Meeting. There were a lot of ladies in attendance and Liz, Tasha, Betty and Patti O were there too. I thought I would try my hand at making a thimble bag.


I must say I am enjoying knitting it. Below is a picture of the progress I am making on it. I would be further along except for the fact that I had to cast on about 4 times before I got it right. I can't wait to finish it.



As you can see by the time ticker at the top of my blog, Rhinebeck is in 16 days. Holy Moly!!! I guess I won't have my project done by the time I leave. Oh well, I just want to have a great time. I'm sure I will with the bunch I'm going with. Lise and I are participating in the Blogger Bingo a lady on Ravelry is organizing. We are going to be a square on the bingo cards. We will have something to identify us and people will need to come up to us and see if they have our blog address on their card. It is such a fun way to meet other knitters.

Well, off to sit out side and glare at my cement pond. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

Lucky you to have boys that have some interest in your hobbies...mine would only be interested in sewing if it could blow things up and knitting if the knitting needles could turn into numchucks (spelling?)!

Lucia said...

As a square and a player myself, can I just say: may I see a photo ID, please?

Kim said...

Hi there! We met at Rhinebeck and the Ravelry party and probably Morehouse too! It's all a blur. My friend Yvonne and I ran into you so many times you became our stalker.

Susanne said...

It is so funny because there were so many people I met but you guys I will remember. It was a great time.