Monday, December 29, 2008

Skiing in New Mexico or not so much

Yesterday, we all headed to Angel Fire for our day on the slopes. We arrived well enough in time for our registration and ski lessons. Since the Texans did not know about the time difference. Yes, that is right we arrived an hour early at the ski resort. That would be 7 a.m. Everything opened at 8 a.m. and our lesson was at 9 a.m. Can you say freeze your ass off for an hour in -10 degree weather.

Anyway, we got to our lesson and it went very well. I did not fall at all until the last hill. My right knee was getting extremely sore so I stopped at the top of the mountain. Actually before stopping I took a "wicked wipe out" as the kids put it. So then I told the Ski Instructor to call a skidoo because I was just too pooped to ski down the rest with my sore knee. Well it turns out that I rested long enough, rather waited long enough for the skidoo to arrive, to continue on down the mountain to the end. Yeah Me! I don't know if the skidoo is looking for me still or not but I don't think so. I could be buried under the snow and they wouldn't even know. LOL. Frankie and Andrew had a blast and Frank had skied a number of times before so he had a great time too. Even more so because the kids caught on so quickly. Andrew actually went down a blue mountain with Frank and then alone and met up with Frank and Frankie. So after I made it back down the mountain I returned my ski equipment and went to the car to get my knitting.

The boys are all skiing today and I'm going to hang out in town. Tomorrow we are heading into Taos to shop. I have scouted out the yarn shops and quilt stores too.

I'll post some pics when we get back since we forgot the USB cord. We bought Frankie a digital camera for Christmas and it is so nice. It is actually better than the one I have.

Hope everyone had a good holiday.

No comments: