Thursday, August 23, 2007

Friends are like knitting...

I have come to realize today that friendships are similar to knitting. Some friendships are tight stitches and some are loose but no matter what the stitch type you are friends and the outcome is something made that is beautiful. Then there are those dropped stitches. Sometimes you don't know why the stitch got dropped but you pick up and move on. Sometimes a dropped stitch looks like a ladder and you may have to climb back up that ladder to make the stitch tight again. Sometimes that is easy and sometimes it is not. There are times you just frog the project or leave it on the needles to be picked up later.

Friendships to me are like a pattern too. You have to figure it out and follow along and see what you get in the end. Hopefully it is something that will last a long time. Like any good knitting project you need to work at your friendships but I have realized that you need to really read some patterns closely so you don't get frogged.

I think I am finally figuring out some patterns.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hey, thanks for adding my blog to your list!