Friday, January 11, 2008

Loopy Edge finished!!

Well I finally finished binding off my pinwheel sweater. Holy crap that was crazy. Note to self: Never make anything with 400 stitches that has a loopy edge again!!!
Here are the pictures of the sweater sans sleeves. Why no sleeves you ask? I ran out of yarn. Yes people I ran out of freaking yarn and am thinking of a few options. Maybe this will be a pinwheel vest? Who knows? We shall see.

This is a picture of the loopy edging where you makea 12 row i-cord and then attach it to three stitches and make another one and so and so on. Since I used varigated yarn I skipped three stiches and went around the sweater two times. Boy was glad when I got the last i-cord.

This is the sweater layed out. I love it. It is very soft. I used an alpaca/merino/tussah silk blend.

On another note, I learned how to do Magic Loop and I love it. I think this is my new favorite way of making two socks at the same time. I'm using some yarn I got in Rhinebeck. It is from Autumn Farms and the colorway is called Janwood. I love it. I can't wait until they are complete and on my feet.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Good job on the vest(?). You can always do the sleeves in a solid...

Love the sock yarn too.

Knitting Rose said...

You did a great job on the edging - it took FOREVER didn't it? you can do the arms in a solid - it will be great.