Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tickled Pink!

I started knitting the Cables and Bits dog shrug from Knitty.com on Sunday. It was such a fast knit and I was thrilled to give it to Dolly, my neighbors dog, this evening. We tried it on her and she loved it. She wanted me to pick her up and she gave me lots of kisses. She is so sweet.

She will be going to the groomers tomorrow so when she returns I'll get a picture of her with her new sweater. For now here are some pictures of the shrug and one of the cuffs. I actually made a consistent error on the cables. Instead of tangled cables I made wavy cables but I really don't think Dolly will care. The edge around the neck and back were done without the "bits" part. It should have looked like the cuff but I like the way it turned out. The collar near the neck actually folds down.


5 comments:

Knitting Rose said...

That is too cute! I can't wait to see it on!

Petra said...

Cute Susanne! I can't wait to see it on the pup!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

i think the "ooops" makes a different but lovely pattern....don't tell anyone and they will think it is a new pattern.

The Sexy Knitter said...

Your shrug turned out super cute! I love the "mistake" on the cables, too...

Joanne said...

Great shrug Susanne. I am tagging you for meme. You can find out about it on my blog, under Don't Faint. If you don't want to do it, it is OK, we are still friends.
Joanne